2014/03/13

Tea with Sakura

It is always good to have tasty sweets with a nice cup of tea. I like biscuits such as McVitie’s and shortbreads. But especially around this season, I cannot resist Sakuramochi (lit: cherry blossom rice cake). It brings me the feeling of the arrival of spring.

Sakuramochi, is a well-known Wagashi (traditional Japanese confectionery) throughout the country. A pink rice cake containing red bean paste is covered with an edible Sakura leaf. The leaf gives a hint of Sakura flavor, which is great! The style of the sweets is slightly different from region to region, but whatever the style is, whenever I hear the word “Sakura”, I always feel happy, warm and excited. I am sure I am not the only one to feel that way. 

A bit early for Sakura season in the most of the areas, at least my area. I will wait for the lovely season while enjoying a cup of tea and Sakuramochi, a feast for the eyes, palates and soul.

Osaka style
Tokyo Style

Photos from Wikipedia

Sakura Season

  Sakura is a feast for the eyes. Also a feast for the palate. Sencha named "sakura-hime (lit: sakura princess), which is blended with ...