2015/01/12

A Cozy Get-Together

I hosted an event "English Tea Time"  in Osaka. 14 people, including the one who used to live in England, just visited London and like black tea etc, got together.  It was not like a tea seminar which instructs how to make good tea. It was more like a cozy get-together for tea. 


Japanese tend to think making black tea is not easy. Also many believe all the people in the UK make tea using tea leaves every day and enjoy the teatime with scones and sandwiches every day. That's not true, isn't it? They enjoy more relaxing and cozy style, which I love. So I introduced the British everyday tea culture that I've experienced over a cup of tea from London. I also shared Japanese black tea known as “wakocha”, which is still rare and special even for Japanese. 



They seemed to enjoy the time. I would be happy if they will enjoy tea and their tea time more often at home.

 






Sakura Season

  Sakura is a feast for the eyes. Also a feast for the palate. Sencha named "sakura-hime (lit: sakura princess), which is blended with ...